Many of those who start a small business do so with an eye on three common outcomes:
- Doing work they enjoy and providing a service that makes life easier for others
- Having the ability to steadily increase his or her financial base
- Experiencing a sense of independence and influence over his or her own destiny
We know that life doesn’t always go as planned. Business revenues wax and wane, the market ebbs and flows, and laws and options change every year. As life becomes more complicated, you have less and less time to oversee both your business and your personal financial portfolio of assets.
At some point, an alarm is likely to sound. It may be that slightly uneasy feeling that keeps you on edge during the day or a life event that alerts you to vulnerability previously unimagined:
- You’ve been so focused on building your business that you haven’t been able to pay as much attention to building your investment portfolio that will carry your family through retirement.
- You (or a family member) suddenly face a health condition that requires an allocation of time and/or resources not previously anticipated.
- You had a growing portfolio of assets that were significantly depleted in recent years. You thought you could count on your broker to protect you, but they didn’t.
If you are like many of our clients, you actually enjoy staying current and on top of your personal finances. But you sense, just as in business, that you would benefit from engaging an expert to oversee and manage this ever-changing financial landscape through professional money management, tax planning and financial independence planning.
Imagine what would be possible if you could take full advantage of your time, money and opportunities. Imagine being able to fully protect and nurture your family, and achieve your financial goals.
Rick Epple, CFP®, president of Epple Financial, is an expert, fee-only, certified financial planner who offers personal and direct guidance to small business owners, many of whom are starting to think seriously about retirement planning. He has been selected by Dental Practice Report Magazine as one of the "2012 Best Financial Advisers For Dentists."
Because we make financial planning our business...
you can tend to yours.